Curtain Theatre

-

Other materials

Blue Plaque information

The site of this building forms part of what was once the precinct of the priory of St. John the Baptist, Holywell, within a few yards stood from 1577 to 1598, the first London building specially devoted to the performance of plays, and known as The Theatre

Plaque erected

in 1920

86–88 Curtain Road
Shoreditch EC2A 3AA