Updated: Jan 4, 2020
Negotiate for survival - Zombie Outbreak
Answer the questions in this Zombie Outbreak slideshow, make the right choices to survive
What are the rules of negotiation?
How should you engage with another person?
What do you think of Trump?
Is he a ‘successful’ person? Why/why not?
Is he a good negotiator?
Why has he gone from being a celebrity entrepreneur to the President?
Watch the video - PAUSE after each rule
1. Think big – what does this mean? What are the pros and cons of this approach?
2. Protect the downside and the upside will take care of itself – what does this mean? How can you apply this to real life?
3. Maximise the options – what does this mean?
4. Know your market – how can you know your market?
5. Use your leverage – what does it mean? How can you get leverage?
6. Enhance your location – how can you do apply this? What difference does it make?
7. Get the word out – how does Trump do this? Does it matter if it is + or -?
8. Fight back - is it important to be aggressive in negotiating?
9. Deliver the goods – is Trump delivering?
10. Contain the costs – how can you do this effectively?
11. Have fun...
What is the most important rule?
Split into groups to discuss the following questions. After 5 minutes stop and move to a new group, with different people. NEW PLACES, NEW FACES. Try to communicate with as many people as possible to benefit from different vocabulary, grammar, accents and opinions.
AT HOME: try this as a writing exercise or start a discussion in the comments below
1. Is Trump a model of success?
2. Can you learn to negotiate or is it only natural?
3. What is the best approach to negotiating?
4. BREXIT - discuss
5. What is a good deal and how do you achieve it?