The Adelphi

-

Other materials

Blue Plaque information

THE ADELPHI THIS BUILDING STANDS ON THE SITE OF ADELPHI TERRACE BUILT BY THE BROTHERS ADAM IN 1768�1774. AMONG THE OCCUPANTS OF THE TERRACE WERE TOPHAM AND LADY DIANA BEAUCLERK, DAVID GARRICK, RICHARD D'OYLY CARTE, THOMAS HARDY & GEORGE BERNARD SHAW. THE LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE AND THE SAVAGE CLUB ALSO HAD THEIR PREMISES HERE

Plaque erected

in 1952 by

The Adelphi Terrace
Charing Cross WC2N 6BJ